Full of magic and fun, our interactive Fairy Trail is perfect for kids of all ages.
Family friendly in every sense of the word, the Fairy Trail is an enchanting experience in the wooded West Lawn.
What better way to spend time with all the family, whether you’re 2 or 102! Experience the magic of our trail through the enchanting woodlands of the private West Lawn at Malahide Castle. Using the interactive booklet to solve clues and answer questions along the way.
The trail is approximately 1.8km which will take about 1hr 15mins to get around…although time flies when you’re having fun with fairies!
With fun sculptures, fairy houses and lots of other hidden gems to find, little visitors are invited to use the interactive booklet to solve clues and answer questions on their way around the trail.
Tickets for the Fairy Trail can be booked online in advance or bought on the day in our Visitor Centre. If you buy online, don’t forget to pick up the booklets from the Visitor Centre before you start the Trail.
Important Notes for Grown-Ups
- The Trail is open all year around from 9:30am. Last entry is at until 4:30pm in the summer season (April to October) and 3:00pm in winter (November to March).
- Children under four go free!
- The trail is around 1.8km long and takes approximately an 1hr 15 minutes to complete… Although time flies when having fun with fairies!
- The trail is along an aggregate pathway. We recommend you stick to the path to avoid any accidents or injuries!
- We would like our Fairy Trail to be an experience for all to enjoy for many years to come and so we kindly ask you to prevent any climbing on the fairy displays.
Malahide Castle and Gardens tickets include entry to the Fairy Trail on the West Lawn. Interactive trail booklets are available at the Admissions Desk and priced at €2 each. Tickets for the Fairy Trail only are also available.